Why Enterprise Alert
Checkly is an easy-to-use SaaS solution that checks for API and Synthetic monitoring. Checkly validates site transactions and alerts when there is a slowdown in production or an outage. Enterprise Alert adds an additional layer into this workflow providing targeted alerts to on-call team members, augmented alerts for easy visibility and persistent notifications. With persistent notifications and escalation chains there will never be a critical alert that goes unattended. Enterprise Alert also offers ad-hoc collaboration between team members for each and every alert, so Subject Matter Experts can be looped in to help resolve issues.
How it works
The Enterprise Alert team email address intercepts notifications and alerts on call team members. A Enterprise Alert webhook can also establish a connection with Checkly to enable mobile notification and alerting capabilities for operational and network teams.
HOW TO INTEGRATE
In our example we are using Checkly to monitor the up-time of critical servers. We are forwarding website down alerts via webhook to our Enterprise Alert team.
1. First we need to setup Enterprise Alert to receive the json payload sent from Uptrends. Login to Enterprise Alert and create a new REST API connection. For more details on creating a REST API connection please see our online integration.
2. Let’s customize a webhook integration within Checkly to make sure that we are sending an alerts that are raised to our Enterprise Alert team. To configure alerting, click on the link labeled as such in the Tweak Your Alerting box from the Checkly Dashboard.
3. Click add channel for the Webhook section.
4. Enter the REST API URL created in step 1.
5. We used the examples given on the Checkly website to generate alerts simulating a bad request to an API call. https://www.checklyhq.com/docs/alerting/webhooks/
6. These messages result in incoming events within Enterprise Alert.
7. From there we create a policy to trigger and send notifications to the on-call duty members of a specific team.
8. That’s it. Now alerts will not go unhandled due to the persistent notifications, escalations within a team and even to team managers. Here are alerts raised in the Web Portal as well as the Mobile App.