Mobile alerting with tracking & escalation for Checkly
Why Enterprise Alert
Checkly is an easy-to-use SaaS solution that checks for API and Synthetic monitoring. Checkly validates site transactions and alerts when there is a slowdown in production or an outage. Enterprise Alert adds an additional layer into this workflow providing targeted alerts to on-call team members, augmented alerts for easy visibility and persistent notifications. With persistent notifications and escalation chains there will never be a critical alert that goes unattended. Enterprise Alert also offers ad-hoc collaboration between team members for each and every alert, so Subject Matter Experts can be looped in to help resolve issues.
How it works
The Enterprise Alert team email address intercepts notifications and alerts on call team members. A Enterprise Alert webhook can also establish a connection with Checkly to enable mobile notification and alerting capabilities for operational and network teams.
Forwards Checkly alerts to Enterprise Alert for mobile alerting
Uses JSON payload via Webhook
Uses SMTP email to connect to your Enterprise Alert team
Staff can acknowledge and take ownership for critical incidents that occur
Communicate within an alert to address a problem
Alerts are escalated in case of no response
On-call scheduling to alert the right people at the right time
HOW TO INTEGRATE
In our example we are using Checkly to monitor the up-time of critical servers. We are forwarding website down alerts via webhook to our Enterprise Alert team.
1. First we need to setup Enterprise Alert to receive the json payload sent from Uptrends. Login to Enterprise Alert and create a new REST API connection. For more details on creating a REST API connection please see our online integration.
2. Let’s customize a webhook integration within Checkly to make sure that we are sending an alerts that are raised to our Enterprise Alert team. To configure alerting, click on the link labeled as such in the Tweak Your Alerting box from the Checkly Dashboard.
6. These messages result in incoming events within Enterprise Alert.
7. From there we create a policy to trigger and send notifications to the on-call duty members of a specific team.
8. That’s it. Now alerts will not go unhandled due to the persistent notifications, escalations within a team and even to team managers. Here are alerts raised in the Web Portal as well as the Mobile App.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.