When setting up alerting workflows in Enterprise Alert it might happen that you do not receive the alert notifications you expect. Here is a list what you might want to check in this case:
- Are the events received correctly?
- Is there additional information in the Events view, e.g. about the applied policy?
- Is the event still active (maybe it was auto-resolved in the event source)?
- Did the correct policy apply?
- Is the policy activated?
- Are the conditions correct?
- Is there a possibility for an empty message text?
- Is the alert delayed?
- Is there duplicate suppression?
- Is the timing correct (e.g. inside business hours, outside business hours)?
- Can you see the outgoing messages?
- Are they sent successfully or maybe failed?
- Is there a wrong number, email address, etc.?
- Are the contact addresses correct?
- Is the notification profile correct (also check if there maybe is a time-related profile)?
- Are the phone numbers and email addressed correct?
- Did the user maybe checked off “Alerts Off”?
- Check Flood Protection.
- Is there someone on-duty when using On-Call Schedules?
- Is there someone scheduled when using Multi-Team Schedules?
Notification Channel and Message Routing
- Are the required notification channels configured correctly and is it activated?
- Can you successfully send messages manually?
- Are you using high-availability? Can you send successfully when using a single instance only?
- Is the Message Routing configured correctly? If in doubt please try to delete the respective route and create it again.
- Do you have a valid license?