It has been common throughout the majority of organizations in past years to use a specific desktop client solution for emergency alerting. Originally, this represent a valid solution as (UC) communication options on PCs were limited. However, this has changed recently and organizations can now enjoy a deep integration of PCs and other devices like tablets into their communication infrastructure.
Microsoft Lync is one of these spreading unified communication solutions that bring seamless IT-integrated communications to the desktop, the tablet and the phone. At the same time the level of maturity, robustness and scalability satisfies the needs of enterprises and large organizations and makes UC solutions even suitable for emergency scenarios.
Combine it with a machine-to-person communication and notification product like Enterprise Alert, which can automate entire communication processes, and you will have an incredibly capable solution for even the most critical communication scenarios.
The combination of Lync and Enterprise Alert is more than a mere replacement of conventional desktop alerting solutions as it provides a whole series of additional capabilities and benefits.
Users of Lync and Enterprise Alert will experience some very personal benefits:
- Users can define their preferred communication channel, i.e. how they would like to receive critical alerts.
- Users can even define an order or sequence of communication channels.
- And they can define specific communication profiles depending on the time of the day and on the day of the week.
- In Microsoft Lync, users can customize alert sounds.
Several features and capabilities make Lync-Enterprise Alert more reliable through increased alert delivery options:
- Users are not bound to the desktop anymore as Lync works on desktops, tablets and phones! So, missing an alert because you are not at your desk won’t happen anymore.
- Lync supports both text and voice alerts (and Enterprise Alert supports this type of machine-to-person communication).
- As Enterprise Alert is a multi-modal communication solution, it will use alternate notification channels (text, fixed voice, push) if users cannot be reached through Lync (find-me/follow-me principle).
- It can even broadcast alerts on all defined communication channels in parallel. So, your desktop phone will ring, Lync will pop up, your mobile will receive a text message – all at once!
- Enterprise Alert enables 2-way messaging including responses, i.e. it will not only track delivery of alerts but will also process acknowledgements.
Enterprise Alert adds even more to the whole equation:
- It provides complete audit trailing of all alerts, messages, deliveries and responses.
- It provides voice conferencing/bridging capabilities, e.g. for emergency team communications.
- Your can define unlimited emergency callout plans for all types of situations and incidents.
- Emergency callouts can be triggered from any browser-equipped device.
- Finally, Enterprise Alert provides enterprise-calls security, robustness & scalability.
Watch a video here on how Enterprise Alert does emergency notifications with Microsoft Lync.
Read more on Enterprise Alert on our website.