“Enterprise Alert is a great notification software. It has a lot of built in functionality and is very easy to use, making it the ideal platform for any kind of customer requirement. Our teams now receive their alarms directly on the screen in the mobile app which is very easy to work with.” Luc Peeters, Project Leader Automation, Aquafin
Aquafin is a Belgian company with over 1,000 employees that was established by the Flemish Region in 1990 for the purpose of expanding, operating and pre-financing the wastewater treatment infrastructure in Flanders. Aquafin collects household wastewater from the municipal sewers and transports it to wastewater treatment plants, where it is treated in accordance with European and Flemish standards.
Before Enterprise Alert, information about failures and alarms was provided from person to person by phone. Particularly at night there was a chance of information getting lost and people had to call back in order to retrieve the correct information. Aquafin had been working with a manned control room in order to handle their alarms from their over 300 water treatment plants and more than 2,000 pumping stations for many years. That resulted in a high dependency on hardware and staff from the partner operating the control room which was regarded as a risk.
The goal was to switch to a more automated processing, delivery and assignment of alarms while also increasing functionality and control over the processes and systems. A public tender was launched to see what is available and Enterprise Alert was selected as the product of choice. Derdack worked jointly with two local Belgian partners M2Mcom and Agidens for installation, SCADA integration and training. Here is the solution implemented with Enterprise Alert:
- Automating alarms and their dispatching from SCADA system (AutomationX)
- Flexibility to differentiate work and after work hours
- Visibility of alert status in a mobile app – see who is handling an issue, who is on-call
- Escalations to ensure alarm ownership
Aquafin enjoys a range of benefits.
- By not having to pay a partner to service every installation every month, Aquafin estimated cost-savings of about 50%
- Full automation of previously manual processes
- Transparency and full mobility by using the mobile app
- Up to date alarm information at any time of the day
Read or download the full case study here
Learn more on Derdack Enterprise Alert