Empowering the Remote User with Enterprise Alert’s Mobile App
2020 has certainly presented all of us with its fair share of challenges. Small businesses and large organizations alike have been forced to change policies and procedures to adapt to the concept of ‘the remote worker’. As more and more employees are working from home, it is critical that they are set up for success and armed with the tools to address issues that arise, no matter where they are located. Server clusters, factory machines, Healthcare, and Financials services are not affected by pandemics or quarantine procedures. The problems will continue to happen regardless, and Enterprise Alert is rising to the challenge.
Connecting the Right People, at the Right Time
In the good ole days, when critical incidents happened it was easy to walk over to your colleague and talk about the issue. Now, with IT teams working remotely, the collaboration between team members is not so easy. Enterprise Alerts mobile app not only provides annotations within an alert but also access to subject matter experts and on-call staff. With just a press of a button, users can select one or multiple engineers and immediately shoot off a text, email, and even more importantly, start a voice call with all parties leading to a 60% faster incident resolution time.
Remote Troubleshooting and Remediation
The mobile app does much more than just connecting people. We have armed the mobile app with all the critical data required to quickly identify when an alert is raised, provide the necessary details, and have empowered the user to take remediation steps through the use of remote actions. Remote actions include:
- Remote execution of IT automation or other system jobs
- Launching of IT automation jobs via a smartphone app, phone call, SMS text, IM, or email
- Convenient job launch including parameter input and pre-populated parameters
- Integration with Windows Task Scheduler to run batch jobs on any host Integration with System Center Orchestrator and HP Operations Orchestration to remotely execute existing runbooks
- Highest security through “Remote Action Policies” including execution rights
Connecting IT automation tools like System Center Orchestrator, Micro Focus (HP) Operations Orchestration, ServiceNow, BMC, and other tools to Enterprise Alert, we enable IT admins to initiate and execute ANY(!) IT automation task right from the smartphone. In its capabilities, it is second to none in the market. The power and flexibility of this Enterprise Alert feature is unmatched.
The Standard in Mobile Incident Management
We of course implemented typical alert incident management capabilities like
- acknowledging alerts on-the-go
- sharing incident details
- annotating incidents
- single-tap phone bridges and conferences
- real-time access to ‘who-is-on-call’ information
- schedules overwrites (‘stand-ins’)
We see this as a must-have for a serious mobile incident management application. Enablement of real-time mobile IT operations has been a core task for Enterprise Alert from the very start.
Let’s Empower Your Remote Workers
If you want to explore how Enterprise Alert can mobilize your IT people, please request your personal demo.